Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Am I crazy or have tailgates on these trucks gotten taller too? I have seen a couple of high dollar fold down bumper steps to get into the bed. Anyone seen anything a little more reasonable?
For $80k, you can get one of these: https://owner.ford.com/support/how-t...gate-step.html. Search revealed retrofit options.

The Cosco "grandma ladder" referenced above is the best. I bought one of the "fit over the tire" steps and have yet to use it. It lives in the bed of the truck where I can't reach it; kind of defeats the purpose.

This is the best way to inflate your tires. It is expensive, but worth it IMHO. I bought all kinds of stuff that did not work before I got this. The Milton 553 locks onto the valve stem and has a built in gauge. You did not say what truck you have, but if it has the 19.5" steel side wall tires, you don't want to be near them when inflating. Tire shops will put them in a cage for safety. The Milton 553 locks on and is 5' long so you can stand to the side.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote