Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Fantastic Fan go boom!

Sunday morning it started getting warm in the rig as we packed to leave. As usual I opened some windows and turned on both Fantastic Fans. The one by the shower tends to stick sometimes so I give it a helping hand until I can get up and put some 303 on the gasket. The one in the kitchen (8ft up) never fails to open but Sunday it made two bangs and the knob assembly dropped out of the unit and dangled by the wires. There was also a brief rain of what looked like sheared of metal rings, threaded rings. I got the ladder out and went up to look at the damage. These units are 6600 models and have the knob assembly surface screwed to the fan fixture. The knob assembly broke next to both screws. I fitted the knob shaft back onto the shaft of the lid lift mechanism and tried to hand crank it open. No good, it felt like the gears are stripped out. I have never heard of a Fantastic fan doing this. I will call them in the morning but for the time being I have one of the vent pillows jammed up there holding the guts in place till I can get a new guts package...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote