Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Barking dog while left alone in the trailer....

Do any of you have experience with your dog(s) barking when you leave them alone in the trailer?

I have two small poodles....If I take the two with me and leave them alone in the pick-up, then one gets wound up and hoots and howler...this will get the other one going, but then she will howl

Usually all this noise will only last until we are out of site, then they quit.....but it is embarrassing when you walk away from the car ( we usually run!)
We know that the dogs settle down, because we have spied on them many times....we have even parked by a restaurant window and watched from inside (they can't see us of course)They will settle down and lay down on the dash or top of back seat and watch people go by....

We have been camping in our trailer for so many times and always take the dogs.....same thing happens as when we are in the vehicle...they hoot and howler for a few minutes when we leave then are fine....Anytime we go camping and if we leave the dogs alone (for short periods) then we communicate with our neighbor campers and leave our cell phone number....upon returning the other campers have always said the same thing....the dogs whine for a few minutes then they don't make a sound the rest of the time.....

Well not this last Memorial Day Weekend....OMG! they put on such a show when we attended the Mt. Shasta Rally at Lake Siskiyou....I was sooo embarrassed. Thank goodness we were camped next to such great and caring Mocer's who alerted us to the problem....Now the real problem....This is the first time in four years (well almost three for the younger dog) that we have encounter this problem while camping. I am scared if this is going to happen again.

While at the Lake Siskiyou campground it was shared from a Mocer about her experience of an Ultrasonic Bird House bark deterrent. This is used for outside....This company has a Indoor use, I bought it and it does not work. Not the sound part, but the unit is faulty and will only work on the manual button (sometimes)and the dogs do respond to this....So I bought a second unit.....same thing. It is faulty...so I will take them back and get my money back.

The idea of the Ultrasonic units appeals to me (not the collar types)...

Does anybody have experience with this type of bark controllers?

What other methods do you use?....other then "poodle soup"

I need something that can be used when I am not in the trailer.

Many Thanks, Denise
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote