Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
valve stem problems

Getting ready to go on our first trip of the new season and new I had one valve stem leaking so after hearing your comments I decided to have all four stems replaced including the spare. One problem stem replaced last year.

After stems replaced and nail removed from TV, slow leak, I kept a check on all tires and everything good. We are at the CG in Pittsburgh, PA 365 drive one way. Checked all tires and everything good.

I don't understand why such an important safety issue as tire pressure would be compromised by the manufactures not using the best products available. Reference post responding to my previous questions on the subject where you guys had changed to stems.

For whatever reasons my attempts to learn more about tire/valve stem problems didn’t seem to be a concern. My dealer told me to make an appointment and bring the unit in so they could check it and take care of the problem. It cost me less to have local tire shop change all the stems then it would have cost in fuel (160 mile round trip) to take it back to the dealer to look at and maybe fix one tire. This would still be a safety issue since the one tire would only hold 40-50 lbs of air not the 80lbs required and I would have to drive 80 miles with this tire having low pressure. I had a concern driving the 4.5 miles to the local tire shop.

Maybe now I will feel comfortable pulling camper and not expecting another bad stem on every trip. I had only put 531 miles on the camper prior to this trip and 6 months I have had it.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote