Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Kenleys Oompah
Established Member

M.O.C. #18656
Are all Camping Worlds this bad?

After having a tire blowout on the way home from Georgia, I brought my Mountaineer to Camping World of Oxford (Alabama) to get the damage repaired. Nice looking place, lots of activity. Attentive, almost excited service lady.

Left the camper there and left town for over two weeks. Last time I had an issue (different dealer), USAA had been on top of everything and my repairs were done smoothly.

Got home, called in, couldn't get a return call. Called the folks who do the appraisals. CW had not yet sent photos of the damage. Finally got through to the service department. USAA uses my first name on the policy (thanks, USAF), unlike myself, and when the paperwork came in to CW, no one there had enough on the ball to even look for units left there by someone with the same last name (and the same address). So the camper was there for three weeks, nothing accomplished.

The service lady said that now the mystery was solved, she was on top of everything. A week later, still no photos to the appraisers. Three days of phone calls, no return call from her. I called and left a message for the service department manager this morning, and he hasn't returned my call either.

I'm making the drive to Anniston tomorrow to see if anyone is actually working on the service department and try to get some questions answered. My worst fear is that no one has even ordered parts to repair the damage, or the (non-insurance) gray water tank damage. Thirty days and squat.

Is this normal? Doesn't say much for Camping World. If I didn't have to be out of town most of last month, I'd have gone there sooner. But heck, I don't think I should have to stand on someone's neck until work gets done.

2006 Mountaineer 329RLT
2011 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7
Kenleys Oompah is offline   Reply With Quote