Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I start down the mountain in Tow/Haul and the gear shift in 3. I try to remain at about 35MPH or slower depending on the grade and curves. If it gets too steep I'll pull it down another gear.

While I don't have a personal steep grade story I do have one....

The other night on the Telly they were doing a segment on the poor condition of the "emergency runaway ramps" on a local mountainess hiway. They had the video camera setup and running at the foot of the ramp and the reporter was reporting in the background.
Talk about being in the right place at the right time? You guessed it. A U-haul type van came flying off the hiway and onto the the ramp. The gravel of the ramp resembled a mogel. Well the truck launched off the first "mogel" and nose dived into the second at about a 45° angle. The truck than did a summer salt and then rolled onto it's side. The driver and passenger crawled out unharmed but quite shaken up.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote