Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
curlida
Established Member

M.O.C. #17516
Water leak

Hey all,
I think I know the answer to this but thought it would be good to get some opinions. My wife and I came back from our first trip a couple weeks ago and after unloading and leveling up (as close as we can on our sloping gravel drive) we get a pretty heavy rain storm. I go out to get something and find a puddle of water running from the kitchen counter to the dining area. Got the rug pretty wet. I started checking everywhere,pulled panels etc. and could not find the source. What I did find (pulled the panels in pass through storage) was what I believe is the black tank vent and the line it was attached to was able to flop all over the place. I spent two days trying to find source and the only thing I can think of is this. Before we left the camp ground we put about a gallon of water in Blk. tank to slosh and clean and because that pipe was flopping around it threw water out. Water came out when I shook it. Or senerio two is I have a leaking valve on the freezer/ice maker drain? I have checked every time it rains and no water. Any other suggestions.
P.S boy did I find a lot of garbage behind those panel, surprised Keystone couldn't take a minute and run a vac. To clean up there mess!

curlida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
You should be able to tell a distinct difference between black tank water and ice maker water...just follow your nose!

BTW, it would help greatly for others to know the year and model of your Montana to help in resolving issues.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not sure what your rig layout looks like, but many times there's a vent fan in the ceiling near the kitchen counter. Is it stock, does it have an after market cover, could it have been open just a hair?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Last year we had water come in after an almost horizontal driving rain. Checked everywhere and also had the dealer check it out. Never did find the source but suspect it came in the fridge vents as the source seemed to be from behind the fridge. Haven't had a problem since and suspect it was just a freak event due to the wind driven rain.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #5
ckwizard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14704
The seals on the slides dont always flip into position and I always have to climb up there and look for area's that did not flip out and correct it.
That would cause a pretty good leak in a heavy rain.
ckwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I don't know what model you have, but you mention possibly not being completely level. Were your slides open? I had a leak at a campground a couple of years ago that was due to my trailer being slightly out of level, allowing the water from a pretty hard rain to run toward the wall and down the side of the slide and find its way in at the floor.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:03 AM   #7
curlida
Established Member

M.O.C. #17516
Thanks all and sorry I did not tell you it is a 2016, 3711FL. As far as it being one of the slideouts, I check it every time it rains and in fact we had a super bad one the other night (40plus winds) and dry as a bone) and I too re-seat the seals. And because we had only used the black tank for the first time and cleaned the heck out of it,there was no smell. I will keep searching and checking, thanks again for all your input. Safe travels
curlida is offline   Reply With Quote