Thread: Toll roads
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I hope I remember what jimcol is talking about, that I-44 has refueling stops off the toll road so you don't leave the road system to take a break or make a stop. You take the exit, refuel (or restroom, or other services), then you merge back onto the toll road. Unfortunately, I do not remember the actual toll process (cash?, credit?, ticket?) but it was not difficult and I remember making sure I had lots of bills and change and a credit card to handle whatever it was. I did enjoy that it was cheap compared to the toll roads in California, where I've seen it cost over $4 for an 8 mile stretch.

I will point out that I recall the RUSH traveling the hundreds of miles of I-44. There is no lane control (so it seems). Semis and all vehicles seem to drive 80 to 85 mph. Since I was not towing (was using my pickup to move my brother from Maryland to CA - empty eastbound and carrying all his goods westbound) I drove about 80 and was constantly being passed by EVERYTHING. Thankfully, the only things I passed were trailers trying to stay in the 65mph range or old beater cars that couldn't go very fast. There were a few recreational trailers passing me up, but it was rare. It just seemed scary to me.

Really, mlh? That cattle does not exist? BTW, it's called a freeway for two reasons - free of charge to travel on, and free of impeding cross traffic. Otherwise, they're toll roads or highways, as it was explained to me long ago.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote