View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
mwalton
Established Member

M.O.C. #19168
Mike n Debbie, There are still the rules. If I recall the age limit may still be in place. Our coach is a 2014 and was dirty as heck from the ride out from a snowstorm in northern Arizona. We couldn't get the one guy PortAble RV Detail scheduled to clean up our rig. There here were some older motor homes in some of the sites, maybe they are loosening up the age limit. We never felt intruded upon by residents/owners, if anything there was some interest as we are from California and there were many former Californians there. I would call it more of an upscale place as yes they are trying to keep it nice for owners and guests, but we have never felt like we were being watched. I'm sorry that was your experience.

Pioneer is still standing and quite full. We drove through on Thursday to take a look around. Its evident there was damage but most seems to have been repaired/replaced. The other places in town were also quite full, some of it may be residents of Port A displaced by the hurricane. The entire town was damaged, repair, replace and renovations are still very much underway, with many businesses trying to open by this weekend for spring break. It is still very much a work in progress though. We were happy to come back though and contribute to Port A's economy and their remarkable resilience.

James, Frankies Seafood Spot is alive and well, many of the restaurants on Allister Street were ok, as they were elevated above sea level.

Port Aransas Strong!
MOC #19168
mwalton is offline   Reply With Quote