Thread: SRW vs DRW
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #11
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure_welder View Post
Wow so decided to have a look at the 2019 and up rams….they certainly increased their numbers a typical crew cab short box srw has a payload of 4420lbs and a max trailer of 25,000. Which seems to completely take out the guess work and splitting hairs i was going through with a 2018 model year. 2018 a similar truck had about 600lbs less payload and about 8250lbs less max trailer. However! Only downside is the truck market new and used is simply vomit worthy….. when i was quoted 98,000$ cdn after deals on a loaded factory ordered 18 limited dually i pretty much swore off buying new trucks. Which was too bad because i enjoyed it generally traded off every 3 yrs,. After a quick check you cant buy a used 19-20 laramie 3500 for less than 80-85 which is sickening as far as i am concerned. Guess will have to wait for the right deal to come along! Looking back sure makes you look at where you were… we paid 58,000$ for a loaded denali dually in 2012 cant even get a half ton for that now
Pressure_ welder. You need to go to the scales with your MHC fully loaded as you would regularly go on a trip. Weigh truck and trailer, then truck only. Subtract the two weights of the rear axle and you will have your real pin weight. Not your payload weight, just your rig pin weight. Adjust from there for any additional loads you put on your trailer. Take the guessing out of it and you will feel much better knowing what the “real” number is. As far as a SRW one ton i think you will be fine. As far as air bags, I find they smooth out my ride and will help level the rig if low in the rear but do nothing for weight ratings. Having qualified that, the air bags will help carry some weight, not changing any ratings, and smooth the ride. Just have to find the right pressure. Get the system with the blue tooth remote, as you can adjust pressure on the fly and fine tune for the best ride. Good luck!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote