View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #7
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

Steve

Even though not very many miles on my tires,they are 4 years old.The wear I`am talking about is the side walls are cracking.I`am guessing from sitting on the lot for 3 years and the sun causing the cracking.The tread is fine.The new dealer said any where between 4 years and 7 years is usually the life of these tires.

Well any way went to camping world Sunday and am having them replace my tires with Michelins E rated.They had to order them. [...] The tires are a pricey $220 a tire.
[...]
Tire covers will help a lot with sidewall cracking. Keeping the sun off rubber is a GOOD thing.

$220/tire? I think I would have done some shopping. I replaced the 4 tires on my truck (Michelin E just slightly bigger than the Monty uses) for a little over $700 a couple of years ago. If you need to have the shop remove the tires from the Monty for you then that will limit your choices. The last time I replaced tires for my old TT, I took the tires off myself and went looking for the best deal in the area (even if they couldn't handle Mongo Manor(tm).) I'll do the same for our Monty when the time comes.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote