Thread: Prayers Welcome
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Prayers Welcome

Grandchild number 12 was born yesterday. Cindy and I have surely been blessed. We have a close family and are very fortunate.

However, little Luke is currently fighting for his young life and we are headed to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago in the morning to see him.

Cindy is doing the final hand sewing on his quilt, a tradition she started when our first grandchild was born 15 years ago. We are trying not to dwell on what could happen but our hearts are heavy tonight.

I know our MOC family will include us in their prayers, and for that we are forever grateful. Thanks to all.

UPDATE: 11/12/14
The fight is still on! Luke was placed in a big boy incubator! His bilirubin levels improved and he no longer requires his biliblanket, just the light. His chromosome panel revealed the correct number of chromosomes but the physicians want more detailed tests, some things are indicating a chromosomal disorder that may shorten his life expectancy and alter his plan of care. They sent for a more detailed panel today and are not sure when the results will come back. He had an x-ray of his stomach to investigate why he is not tolerating his increased feedings. He also had an echo to check on the status of his lung disease and heart function.

Still critical....the fight continues....we are hopeful and praying daily.

[i][/i]UPDATE: MARCH 7, 2015:
It has been 4 months of ups and downs. During that 4 months Luke's mom and dad have each traveled back and forth to the hospital (downtown Chicago) on a daily basis, all the while still taking care of their 3 little ones at home. It has been a struggle hard for me to imagine, but somehow they have found the energy to continue and remain upbeat and positive.

He finally came home Thursday! His medical issues are not behind him yet, he still has a feeding tube in, but leaving the hospital for now is considered a huge positive step for a baby that the experts all said would be stillborn.

The most logical explanation I have for his survival thus far is simple....it is the Power Of Prayer, and by so many. Thanks to all!