View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #43
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Dave, having never had to deal with such a scenerio, and hope that I never do, and before my coffee this early AM, here are some thoughts.

CAT Scales, we drive over them so we know what we weigh. Well, some of us do. We weigh our truck with the tanks full, mom and dad and kiddies or pups or what ever, loaded. Then we go hook up Montana and on the way to some wonderful destination, we again stop at the CAT scales, after we fill the fuel tanks, and with mom and dad and kiddies or pups loaded same as when we did our weighing solo. Ya know, they give you a little slip of paper when they weigh ya, what are you gonna do with yours? Save it for future insurance/legal problems?? Maybe????

OKKKK, now, at some time Mr. and Mrs. Camper have a bad accident. Will the agents weigh the unit?? Who knows, but, if the accident is gonna cost them mega bucks, they very well may consider this. SOOOOOOO, are there places to take scrap metal to be weighed?? Me thinks so.

Now, I am gonna go get that coffee, not sure if this post helps, confuses, or maybe is just way off base.
Excellent idea, Carol! What a simple personal protection plan! I think you will be the next "Wizard".

Steve, part of being a "Wizard" is genuine modesty. You have done nothing to shake our faith in you. But I understand what you are saying.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote