View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I checked the 1000 trails website for that location and got this list of to dos: Colonial Downs for horse racing; Historic towns of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Fredericksburg; 200 acres shopping at Williamsburg Pottery; Busch Gardens; Water Country USA; Paramount Kings Dominion; Virginia Beach; Norfolk Botanical Gardens; Mattaponi and Pamunkey Indian reservations; NASA; Shipyards; Military bases, art and science museums; Air shows; Williamsburg Winery; and finally Berkeley, Shirley, Sherwood Forest and Evelynton historic plantations.

I have been to Williamsburg but barely touched the surface. I have been to Fredricksburg (Manassas/Bull Run Civil War battle areas) and driven the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. I saw the Norfolk shipyards but didn't like traveling some of the neighborhood to get there so we stayed away. West Point is also near by.

On our next trip there, DW and I like shopping, eating, wine tasting, museums, historical or military places, so you can get an idea what we like. We don't do amusement parks too much (waiting for the grandkids to get older), or water parks (too hectic), or high level activities (we prefer visual versus heavy physical) outside of pretty good hikes so you get the idea what we wouldn't go after. We do like beaches and even body surfing a little.

Have fun over there!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote