View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 07:24 AM   #13
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
On ours, I suspect that it wasn’t a nut coming loose, but more likely the bolt broke. There weren’t any parts of the bolt left when I discovered the problem.
I have gone through six shackle bolts. Three on both left and right rear hangers. Bent the hangers each time and had to straighten them with a 2 foot adjustable wrench and sledge hammer all six times. Thought the bolts were coming loose, but found they were breaking.

Found on internet where someone attached a camera below his camper because he was having the same issue I was. In the video it showed clearing that the hangers in the rear would slightly deflect left to right. So slight but it was there.

So I installed the Mor/Ryde x factor on the front and rear hangers and one on the LRE 4000. I had replaced 6 bolts in 20000 miles and now have 5000 miles on x factor and all is well.

Kind of funny, I was getting very fast at replacing shackle bolts on the road. Carry spares of the now longer bolts just in case but looking at the installation of the xfactor, the hangers are not moving now.

It it my belief the the slight movement of the hangers are causing the bolts to break. That issue should be resolved because bolt failure will only continue if not.
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote