View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Where back from Quortsite.

Well we were there and I'll give you a short discription of how it went.
We were going ot camp at Rice Ranch, but when we got there at 1630 hrs. the place was full, both sides, except for the two spots under the bill board that in reality was only good enugh for one rig and no slide outs. they were packing them in like sardenes, Better pray that no rig catches on fire it would be a mess and a disaster. But on the way in we saw a new camp setup it was called the Snow Bird, it had pup tents that had a resturant and live music at dinner time, with prices that were very reasonable, they also had a laundry mat you drop off the laundry, and come back later and pick it up folded, ironed, ready to ware. they also had showers for $5.00 prity cheap if you figure, 5 per day to camp plus $10.00 (for 2 ) showers. water truck sold by what ever you took. and a Honny Dipper to to the waist $20.00 for that. So $15.00 per day with showers for two cheap what ever way you look at it.
The place had so many people there this year, the street we were camped at was filling up parking there cars on the steet in the early morning. The RV dealer that was selling Montana trailers said that the Big Sky Montana was not going to be manufactured anymore in the near future, and more effort was going to be put into the Montana line. any body hear any news if his statement was true?
It was a fantastick spot untill the rain came, when they graded the land our spot was the low end and you know where all the run off went, our spot. so we broke camp 2 days early and went to Calintie Springs and did the hot tub thing in Desert Hot Springs. those two days there cost us more than the week we were at Quortsite.
the best thing was no problems with the trip up and back with the TV. We did have a problem with the shower pan and the wall splash it seems that the water was backing up and over the pan then going down the wall in the basement. I will be putting in some mold proof sylicone in that area soon after it has dried fully. I dont get any flexing in that area so my plans should work very good. I looked for some members but was not lucky enugh to find them we need a manifacture to make a Montana Owners Flag not a big one say 18" by 36"
I sure would buy one and fly it under the Stars and Stripes it would look great. well got to go.

TT2