View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
steiny93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
First, is it okay to plug the camper into shore power before unplugging it from the truck? I don't want to frag anything.

Second, we bought a very used 2005 3400 RL because I didn't want to trash a new one on trees and such before I learned how to tow it. The only major issue we've encountered is that everything seems to work fine with 50 amp service, but nothing works with 30. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, y'all. Calm winds and following seas.

Dan

plugging / unplugging order with the pickup and shore doesn't matter

concerning 30 vs 50; do you mean that inside the rv you have zero power on 30 but do have power on 50? Or do you mean that on 50 stuff works but on 30 stuff trips the breaker? If you have zero power when on 30; first would be to verify you have power at the 30 source, you can use a 30 to 20 adaptor and plug is something that you can tell if it has power (cell phone charger / corded drill / etc). If the 30 source has power then your dog bone is suspect, you'd want to test it via a multimeter. If both of those are operational then perhaps a whacky transfer switch, but typically those are an all or nothing type of deal, but who knows how that is setup on your specific rig.
steiny93 is offline   Reply With Quote