Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 AM   #51
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We had our black water tank replaced in 2006 at Central RV in Fresno, CA. What a great service place! They didn't hesitate to do the work. All they do is service work as the owner had seen a need for this type of business for over 35 years. I think I know why most dealers are not "motivated" to do this type of work. If you have ever had the opportunity to smell the odor of one of these cracked black water tanks after it has leaked for several months, I think you might understand why they don't want to do it. At Central RV, their shop contained this odor for almost a week. It's something that's not pleasant. They had a lunch room apart from the maintenance area and they couldn't even eat their lunches because of the odor. They never complained and did the job extremely well, even to the point of using fender washers under the heads of the screws holding the underbelly up.

Because of the problems with this replacement and how I observed the technician, full of "crap" from doing the work--with a smile on his face--I felt compelled to slip him an extra $20. He refused to take it but I insisted that at least he might be able to go out some place to eat his lunch.

I don't know what my dealer might have done, and I consider them the best in the nation.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote