Thread: Electic awning
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We use wood blocks under our level-up feet! I've use regular 4X6's but am in the process of making new one using 1X6 treated boards. I plan on making two sizes and also about 8 of them by gluing and screwing the boards cut to 12" and crossing the boards to give more strength. I plan to make a couple of them with 2X4's cut to the same length between the 1X6's to give me a little more height. If you didn't realize it, but the shorter you extend your leveling legs the less movement you will get when inside the unit.

We also have 18" rubber "stepping stones" that are made of recycled tires. These keep the legs and/or the blocks off the dirt. I purchased them at Menards but have seen them at other hardware stores also. They also make 24" square ones that we use at the bottom of our steps outside to keep some of the dirt/sand from coming into the Monte!

In respect to tying the awning down--We do it only if we know we will be close to the unit. We really don't tie it down per say. We use two, two and a half gallon plastic jugs I've saved from my DEF, fill them with water and the attach a 6' bungy cord to the jug and use hook the other end to the awning on the ends. This still gives them some play if the wind should come up but still holds the awning down if a gust of wind should come up and I don't have to screw anything into the ground to attach the cord to
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote