View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 11:05 PM   #16
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Mountaineer View Post
Mega Cabs were for quite a while only available with a short bed.

The air ride pin will smooth the shocks coming from or going to the trailer. But the 1st 2 hits come from the truck axles.
Yep! That's kinda how it works all right! Can't do a lot about that although it is certainly possible to modify the truck suspension to help somewhat.
I can tell you that the ride comfort with this truck and the Goose Box is significantly improved even though my last truck with custom suspension including air bags and the Pullrite Superglide hitch and MorRyde pinbox was pretty decent.
I attribute some of the improvement to the rear suspension on this dually (factory air auto leveling). Worked great, both truck and trailer sitting perfectly level, excellent ride while towing.
Looking forward to having an empty bed when not towing (well, except for my fuel tank/tool box combo)!

To the OP...ya, it will take a bit of getting used to hitching up, but just a matter of using my bed camera (mounted with the high mounted brake light/bed lights.) Great view of the ball and hitch, just gotta figure out the distance of ball to socket viewing through the camera. No big deal...still totally worth it IMO!