View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
3750FL Sofa Bed Difficulties

A few of us had posted on another thread about what was evidently some confusion regarding the air-mattress that was supplied with the Flair Sofa Bed in our rig. According to Flair, we were supplied with a mattress that was too big. I received the replacement mattress UPS yesterday and of course had to put it to the test. It is slightly smaller, but it still appears to be about 5" too long to fit comfortably between the arms of the sofa. (What is interesting is the new mattress size is the same size as the fold out bed in the old 3400 since our mattress pad topper fits on the air mattress exactly the same as the previous mattress.) What concerns me most about this arrangement is the fact that your feet and head are now elevated to window level in the slides. This means unintended interaction with feet and day/night shades. I see trouble on the horizon here!!! I think what we have figured out is we are still going to turn the mattress so that it lies across the sofa and not along it. This will still result in overhang at the toe of the bed, but we have a plan. We have been strongly considering adding a nested ottoman set to the living room and now I can see an added benefit. I can place the ottoman beneath the foot of the air mattress and I think all problems are solved. When we get the ottoman set, I will post a picture. This will remove the feet from tangling with the day/night shade. Here is a link to the ottoman set we are looking at, we will be getting it in black to match the decor. We believe it will add even more functionality to the living room:

Ottoman set

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote