View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #15
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerTR21 View Post
Time for a update. Friday I sent a email to the manufacture's tech support folks but did not hear anything back. Yesterday I decided to pull the inverter and see if I could see anything. The first thing I noticed was that the installer did not install the washers properly. They put the washers between the battery wire and the inverter post plate. The second thing I noticed was that the inverter battery contact point was a little dirty. Not bad but just an observation. I did not see any inverter reset buttons or fuse. The inverter set on my desk until this morning when I went out to remount it. I cleaned the battery contact points and installed the washers correctly. Guess what? The darn thing works now. 13.6V in and 120V out. In theory, the washers should not have been the problem but....... Also the inverter metal plate where the post is located was not that dirty but...... I wish I had a more definitive reason for why the inverter to stop working but I don't. So for now I going to count this as a win and hope it does not stop working again.
glad to hear you got it up and running again.
Just a thought. When I first got my unit and the first time with an inverter I tried to test the fridge on battery and couldn't get the inverter to turn on. I had a mobile service call from the dealer on another issue (a part they were waiting for that was broke when the unit came in) and I asked him to check it out and he turned it right on. Turns out I was not holding the button in long enough, it needs about 5 seconds or so to work. Could it be?

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote