View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
In regards to Bingo's post, if anyone is considering the gravity feed kit, you may be interested in this. I bought the kit for my Super Duty in anticipation of connecting it to a custom made tank by RDS. The kit came from Northern Tool. Upon planning for installation, I found that the check valve is supposed to be mounted at the 12:00 position to work properly. My F-350's fuel fill pipe barely hugs the bottom of the box and there was not enough room to install it. I returned the kit and ordered a 12V transfer pump instead. Now, I will not have to worry about the check valve not operating correctly and having a fuel spill. Possibly there may be more room in GM trucks for the check valve. If I remember correctly, you will need about 1-1/2" from a horizontal run of the fill tube to the bottom of the bed.
I ordered a 12"W X 16"H X 48"L tank from RDS. The reason for these dimensions is I wanted it low enough to fit in the bed under my tonau cover. It will hold 37 gallons. The tank is completed and is now in transit. Should be here in a few days. If anyone is interested, I will post pictures once it is installed.
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote