View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #8
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I really thought I'd be on the road way before now, but the brake actuator installation took longer than expected on Friday, since we discovered some wiring problems. When we tested the brakes they worked -- With the brake pedal, with the brake controller (Prodigy), and with the headlight switch !! I'll be fine if I just don't drive at night.

Several hours later, with several wires replaced, the headlights now run only the headlights, and the running lights, or at least most of them. But not the ones on the front of the Monty. Somehow, the ground wire function was lost when a Scotch Lock fell off when pulling the new wiring through, so there's power to the lights but no ground, and those two lights don't work. I decided since it didn't pose a safety or legal issue, I'll let the problem sit for now.

We also discovered the casing on the 100A circuit breaker in the slide-out wiring had cracked, and one of the terminals fell completely out. No similar part could be found in Benson or Tucson, so we finally ordered a replacement to be shipped. It should arrive on Wed. This breaker replaced the stock 50A breaker which kept tripping, and I was advised by Lippert to replace it with a 100A breaker, which I did about a year ago at Fox RV in Indiana. It has worked fine for a year, and I have no idea why it broke. Maybe I stuffed too much 'stuff' in the compartment.

Meanwhile, I still want to go to Death Valley for the '49er Encampment, which ends Sunday. About 15 Escapees SOLOS are there and I promised them I'd be there (I'm Prez of the group). I might catch the last 1-1/2 days of the event. And I'm planning to have my birthday present from me to me installed there - a roof-mounted automatic tuning satellite dish!

Still smiling and I had a great birthday.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote