Thread: 2955 slide
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Illapah, ours is a 2003 but it's a different model than yours so I don't know for sure this will apply to yours. We had the problem of ours stopping several times. What happened is the breaker was popping. It resets itself when it cools. It turns out the wrong size breaker was installed. Keystone sent our dealer the correct size. That was over two years ago and it's not happened even once since then.

Another possibility is the slide mechanism needs lubing. I'd recommend a non-greasy (don't want to collect dirt) lube like dry-lube slide lube. Some (few) Walmarts have it. An RV dealer would have it as do Camping World and Campers Choice. It's really great stuff and works very well. It could be there's enough drag to cause the electrical draw to be too great and it's popping the resetting breaker. When it cools off a bit the breaker resets and you can move the slide again. Also, when the slide gets a bit jumpy when moving, that's a clue to me ours need lubing. I probably lube them about twice per year with the spray lube.

Neither of those things may help but thought I'd mention them as that's what we've experienced.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote