Thread: Sailun S637
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 06:47 AM   #16
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lostshakerofsalt

Some people vote with their pocketbook while I prefer to have my $ stay in the US. The only motivation Sailun has for pricing the tire so low is to put American tire workers out of work.

I too have insurance. With over 50000 miles on multiple sets of G614s, I have only had one issue with a G614 (tread separation). Goodyear made me whole and covered the new tire and damage 100% (over $1200 for new tire and damage). Using my insurance I would have paid the first $500 out of my pocket and then most likely my rates would have started going up.

If the Sailun S637 proves to be serious competition to G614s, we could see Goodyear doing some pricing adjustments in the future. Also with the price of oil down as it is, we might see some better pricing as time goes by.

I think we would all prefer to keep our dollars in the US , but thats a pretty tall order . I would have to guess the Sailun tires have a pretty small impact on Goodyear. If there is any significant impact, as you said , Goodyear would start being more competitive . So far all they have done is raise prices to the outrageous.

How many jobs do you think were lost in the US when Ford farmed out the 6.7 diesel motor to Mexico, in order to put in your 2014 Superduty . Bottom line here is if you want to keep all your dollars in the US, you probably are not going to be purchasing what you want , and that would include that Ford truck.

As far as insurance goes rates are questionable. I turned in a couple claims in a year period, all that happened was they raised my deductible, and it went down after a couple years with no claims. You had a failure that caused damage with a Goodyear tire, they paid, thats great. I would just as soon have a tire that does not have that one failure , and puts me to the side of the road. So far Sailun has proved to be a much more dependable tire then Goodyear .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote