Old 05-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #12
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JandC

So I have never paid $320 plus per tire for them but have had the pleasure of putting over 30,000 miles of care free towing using them. During that 30,000 miles I have probably passed 100 other RV's sitting on the side of the road with flat tires.
How many of those sitting on the side of the road can you verify had Sailun tires that blew out?

My next tires (in about 1 year) will be Sailuns.
I don't think Joe was implying that all those flats were on Sailuns. My take on his post was that none of those campers on the side of the road with tire issues was him, that he was happy to have G614's and the security they provide.
I'm also in the wait-and-see camp. I feel Goodyear G614's are way overpriced, but maybe they WERE the only game in town. Not anymore. By the time I wear through this set, the GeoStars and Sailuns of the world will have made their mark. At the least, there is competition and maybe GY will adjust their pricing accordingly. Almost 4 bills a tire is ridiculous.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote