View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 06:01 AM   #23
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hi Dave and Shirley,
If your going to buy a extra battery do a little more investigation on what kind to purchase.(a 6 or 12 volt) Last spring I did the same thing and purchased a battery equal in size (12 volt) to the one that the Montanna came with. I made a wood box and lined it with tin, I made a drain in the bottom of the box that would take care of both batteries. I attached the bottom of the box to the Montanna frame so that it was not able to slide around. In the cover I made for the batteries I made a vent hole that I could connect a hose too and drilled a 1" hole in the front of the Montanna which I installed a small vent that I bought from our dealer. To hold the cove on I installed four luggage type latches that I could remove quickly. When I want to check the water in the batteries I just open the front compartment pull of the vent hose relase the four catches and lift the cover off. If you would like a picture of this send me youir email address and I will be happy to send you one. My dealer even said it looked very professional. Back to the point, the reason I said to investigate the type of battery more is, I was informed that I would have been better off to purchase four 6 volt golf cart batteries instead of the two twelve volt. They claim you get better results with the 6 volt. It was to late for me to do this because I had already invested $70.00 in another 12 volt. If I ever have to buy a new battery I will go the six volt way. The extra 12 volt battery does help though. For my generator I installed another lawn mower battery which is plenty to get my generator going, it doesn't take up much room either.
Anyway it's winter now and you have time to do this research. Enjoy you Montanna, I am really pleased with our's.

Bill & Rita
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote