View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
<snip>
I am also considering adding an X2 that gives the option of east or west satellites plus would give me 2 TVs at the same time without requiring both channels to be on the same satellite.
</snip>
If you really want complete flexibility for two receivers you need the big antenna. The X2 doesn't do what you want. Here is the technical description of how the X2 (and all the other automatic antennas) work:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Winegard Pathway X2 Satellite Antenna - For DISH

Item 22-1188 | MFR# PA-6002
Designed for reception of DISH satellite TV programming, the Pathway X2 antenna offers a whole new look at automatic satellite TV acquisition.
Dish HD Portable Satellite TV Antenna Acquires all DISH satellites for COMPLETE programming.
  • Automatically finds and toggles between DISH satellites from Eastern Arc (61.5 deg, 72.7 deg) or Western Arc satellites orbitals (110 deg, 119 deg, 129 deg)
  • Seamlessly view different channels on two TVs* (second receiver needed)
  • Powered through compatible DISH receiver (411, ViP211, Vip211k, ViP211z, or Wally) (required, sold separately)
  • Works with your current DISH subscription
  • No contract required with Pay-as-you-go option
*Multiple receivers must watch programming from the same satellite, Pathway X2 antenna receives programming from 1 satellite at a time and moves between satellites as needed.
Source: PPL

I do second the recommendation for the TV4RV tripod when using a large antenna. I have had one for 7 years and can be setup in 15 minutes or less (usually less).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote