View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Concur with Phil and Dieselguy. Sort out what is wrong before throwing new parts at it. Get professional help if needed. You could ruin new batteries quickly if the underlying issue is not corrected.
I agree with y’all. That’s why I bought the new diagnostic tools and going thru the process this time. I attended votech for industrial electronics and welding so I am a little more knowledgeable than most and certainly more than the 20 somethings that Camping World calls technicians!!

But I’m also not afraid to ask for help and this is about the best place to find folks who do know what they are talking about.

I researched this topic fairly well and did a lot of wire tracing on the unit. Based on what I have read and experienced I am currently leaning toward WFCO being a bad brand that was taxed to hard by a combination of high heat and humidity this summer and the heavy workload of keeping up with a 42’ camper with residential fridge that runs off inverter when not on shore power. I don’t think the WFCO has resetting thermal and high/low supply voltage-protection like the Progressive brand. The WFCO basically dies of heat stroke and can’t be recovered. At least not without a schematic of the unit and taking it apart (which voids warranty)!

I am just locking down the batteries are in fact good before installing a larger Progressive
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote