View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #32
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Most of the time people that bad mouth almost anything have never had what they are talking about.
Lynwood
I have had 3 Ford powerstrokes.. a 95, 97, and 02. The 95 had the most power.. The 95 and 97 head oil galley leaks in the back of the head. Every year it was glow plugs and relays. Who is the genius who put the GLOW PLUGS under the valve covers? My knee would get sore getting to the right rear valve cover bolt!. the 2002 lariat was very nice. Here is the thing that really burnt my toasties. I change my own oil and instead of the oil pan bolt being machined to the pan, there was a little washer!. That sucker would leak oil on my garage FLOOR... Id much rather have a rod go thru the side of the block than to see a drip of oil on the floor!. I had enough and went to Ram in 04.. the interior was junk compared to the Ford lariat. Since then I have had a 15 and 17 Ram. The interior now is likely nicer than Fords or GM.. THE RIDE IS FIRM BUT VERY QUIET. THE prices of the new trucks make it very likely this is my last NEW TRUCK. Nevada not only got 5000 in sales tax, but stole 1477 to register the thing the first year!..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote