View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
It is really hard to tell when listening to your recording, what exactly is going on. I have only paid attention to ours when I happened to be outside when it was running and when I am in bed and I am about 3-4 feet higher and about 6 feet from the register in our bedroom and probably overall about 10 feet from where the furnace is...ie, under our shower floor. Your recording sounds like it was taken from a cell phone that was in contact with a hard surface...so more structure conducted noise than just what your ears would pickup from out of the air. We do hear ours run from the bed with a higher noise level added by the small vent in the bathroom floor by the toilet, which is 3 feet from the bed register. Every once in a great while, I think I hear what sounds like the furnace blower motor shaft making a slightly higher pitch...sort of like a bearing running a little rough...but it goes away after a minute or two. If you hear your same noise outside when the furnace is running, I would say you have a blower motor issue. But this is a guess of course. If you take the outside cover off, you should be able to see the blower motor and turn it by hand to see if you feel any roughness or drag as you do this. Also, running it briefly with this cover off should allow you to hear things in more detail. Hope this helps.