View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 05:31 AM   #79
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
To begin with, we have owned a couple high end 5ers, a Newmar Kountry Aire and a Glendale Titanium so do have the basis for comparison.

Ours is an early build 2014 343RL High Country but purchased late iin the year. The 'box' so far has been virtually trouble as has so far, the frame. What Keystone did was put 5200 pound suspension on a 5er that weighs about 12000 pounds dry regardless of what their advertising said. That situation was corrected last year with 6K springs and 6K hubs with disc brakes

We wandered many 5ers looking for the 'right' interior - a kitchen area with a full counter instead of that restrictive island. We also wandered dealers. Gotta say, there sure is a difference in being attacked as you get out of your car vs one who actually seems to care. The 5er went back for 4 or 5 niggling problems, which were fixed. Have there been other problems - sure, but not worth my time nor the gallons of fuel needed to haul it back for repairs.

Back to the OP question of would we purchase another - maybe and only if I could spec it out on an order to be supplied with 6 or 7K or possibly IS suspension plus disc brakes and no crappy hideabed sofa or recliners nor flimsy mattress. Does it compare well with the two mentioned above? Yes in most areas except the running gear/frame.

But with all that said, our next RV may be a Class C as my DW has a major back problem and being hammered for hours by a solidly suspended truck doesn't help her outlook.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote