View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #64
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
" This is our second Montana. We purchase based on what we need ( floorplan) and price. We would purchase any brand in the price range if it met our needs. It has been Montana twice. Guess you could say best bang for the buck. "

We posted this earlier in this thread. We will not be purchasing a Rv of any brand as our Rv experience is drawing to a close however I would probably purchase another Montana if we were to buy another RV. The primary reason is we are certain that we would have no better luck with any brand in the price range. Unlike some we have had good customer service from keystone on both our Montana's not to say we always got our way in fact we were denied repair of our problem at this fall rally and that was not the first time. Our major problem with both our Montana's was holding tank failures, many of them , Side wall separation along the front side both of them. There were scores of other things most of which most of us have had. The best investment we made was the extended warranty on both of them. We had thousands of $$$ in repair cost of which maybe 500.00 was out of pocket in
deductibles.
IMO there has been great improvement in technology since 2006 but I see little if any improvement in build quality. We had the same issues with our 2006 3400 that we have with our 13 3402.We have traveled over 100K miles since 2006 in two Montana's and two trucks. We also owned four Rv prior to the two Montana's. They had some problems also although we did not use them as much.

So we would buy another Montana(I think) because I do not believe we would have any better luck with another brand. We have had good service from Keystone, not perfect but good.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote