View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blamb

Oops, that'd be helpful, eh? I'm in Oklahoma. From what I can tell, RV's and Automobiles are treated as one and the same, and it goes by how many years the RV/Auto itself has been registered in Oklahoma, for example, 1 to 4 years is 91 dollars a year, 5 to 10 is 81, and so on. Interesting. I would think 5th wheels would be treated as "trailers"... The terminology of what I found wasn't too clear on if "RV" meant Motorhomes, since they have engines, and that's why they are treated the same as automobiles? I could be off the mark. I wonder if Motorhome RV's and Towable RV's are treated differently in regards to tags? Hmmm
Looks like you are on track.

Noncommercial vehicle registration rates, also known as tag fees, apply to the following vehicles:

* Automobiles

* Non commercial trucks

* Non agricultural trucks

* Travel trailers

* Motor homes

* Recreational vehicles

* Motorcycles

* Mopeds

Tag fees are paid to the OTC annually and, as stated above, are based on the number of years the vehicle has been registered in Oklahoma. Don't confuse this with the age of the vehicle. If a seven-year-old car is being registered in Oklahoma for the first time, the tag fee will be $91 the first through fourth year of registration fee, since the vehicle has never been registered in Oklahoma.

Here's the fee scale for tag fees:

* 1st through 4th year of registration: $91

* 5th through 8th year of registration: $81

* 9th through 12th year of registration: $61

* 13th through 16th year of registration: $41

* 17th year of registration and over: $21
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote