Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Hello to Randy & Jackie! Welcome to the best forum there is to find out the information you need to know about your new Montana. That is a beauty you are getting we really like that model a lot. We don’t have one but maybe one day who knows? Suggesting to someone else as to what to purchase for a tow vehicle isn’t an easy task. My only thought is that if I were going to purchase a tow vehicle I would be looking very closely at all weight ratings including the CGVWR. Since you are not new to RV’ing you might be very aware of the ratings and how they work. This is always a personal choice and one that you will have to live with. The reason I have the truck we have now is because it is what I found the best deal on at the time of purchase. I bought used and doubt I will ever buy a new truck. Had I got a better deal on another brand that is probably what I would be using! We have owned a Dodge gas dually V-10 and it worked well for the needs. However the diesel seems to have a lot more power. I like the dually a lot and doubt that I would go any other direction with that after having one. I would even consider looking at a 450 or even a 550 for towing if one became available.