View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 07:41 AM   #33
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
You are incorrect on the statement of 20 degrees F difference from outside temperature to inside temperature is the best that an AC System can do. I have had and seen many systems that can keep 70 degrees in 105 degree temperatures.

It is correct that measuring supply air temperature to return air temperature on each unit should be 18-22 degrees F on a working unit. In a ducted closed system each time the air goes through the system the supply air will be cooler than the previous temerature as long as the heating/cooling system capacity in BTU's meets or exceeds the heating/cooling load of the living space in BTU's.

Current advertisements on Montana and Montana HC's state 4 season living, tested, approved for full time living. I am shocked no one has brought a lawsuit for false advertising against them and won. They advertise the roof is R-38 in both, The floors are R-21 in both, The walls are, R-11 and R-10 in Montana and Montana High Country respectively. So if this is true the only heat/cooling issues would be doors and windows otherwise the R-Values are as good as residential construction codes for newer homes. I have 2.3 Tons or 28,500 BTU of AC on my HC roof that is far more than my stick and brick 1980's ranch home but it would only cool 9 degrees from an 85 degree temperature on its first day in a campground.

So the answer is in poor system design that does not meet Dometic Specifications. Doors, and Windows (improvements needed to improve heating/cooling load) using shades awnings, foil, tinting. Fixing all the holes from the interior living space to the poorly insulated leaky air basement. I personally did not want double pane windows or slide covers due to having previous negative issues with both. Are the doors insulated? Mine were not in a Fleetwood brand.

I am trying my best to get communication with both Dometic and Keystone but so far I have better luck talking to my Dogs. Dometic at least is asking me to be patient every few days as they are just too busy, I suppose they fear massive lawsuits or recalls and think they are protecting themselves. The are having record sales so I guess they figure we will put up with it. BTW the HC Quiet cool System is far from Quiet in the front Air Conditioner. The back AC is very quiet. Both units should have been return air ducted. I have to keep the TV volume high when it is hot so I can hear with the front AC almost over the Theater chairs.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote