View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #39
Kiwi2000
Established Member

M.O.C. #22217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2PA View Post
Hi kiwi. Well, the reasons. First, you are correct about the all in one, built in genset, fully enclosed plumbing, MUCH easier to maneuver, etc etc. I've had motorhomes on and off for 40 years, B, C, (truck camper snuck in), A, A.

But, my situation has changed. I'm single and full time, and truth be told, the journey isn't as much fun as it used to be. Could never imagine sitting in my pickup listening to the engine when I could be rolling along sharing the view out "the big window", barely able to hear the engine 40 feet behind you. But now it's more the destination, and the room I have when I get there. Going to be snowbirding PA to the south largely, doing some workamping and hopefully sneak in a couple vacations. The first two years I owned my current rig I put 20,000 miles on it. In the last year more like 1000. So I'm thinking the smart money is to eliminate one drivetrain that's expensive to maintain. Since I'm fulltime, storage is not a concern.
Thank you so much for sharing. Do you think that a tow vehicle for your 5th will be less expensive to maintain than the motor home was? Happy shopping and I hope you get exactly what you want and enjoy it.
Kiwi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote