Thread: Why Montana?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #13
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
Montana is advertised as the number 1 selling fifth Wheel. That is correct for that price point. Pretty good bang for the buck. Reliable rigs if you are a bit handy with self repairs that come along. There are better quality fifth wheels out there, with better customer support, examples Vilano, Mobile Suites, New Horizon, etc if you want to go to a higher price point and pay more for the quality that comes with it. A loaded New Horizon or Deluxe Suite price will pay for two Montana fifthwheels, and you will likely need something heavier than a 1 ton diesel dually to tow. I consider New Horizon as one of the top fifth wheels out there, and we looked at one at last years Tampa RV show, priced at $183K. For the brands in the price range of a Montana unit, ie Jayco, Cedar Creek, Cardinal, etc, Montana holds its own with the competition. Folks like their rigs, and many are repeat buyers because of that.
I totally agree with you. If your going to buy a run of the mill 5th wheel then the Montana is on average about as good as any of the others dollar for dollar. But if cost is not an issue there are much better built products out there and from what I have seen your spot on that New Horizons is the top end.

As weekend warriors it was all about the floor plan and price point on our 381TH. We love the floor plan but when we get ready to trade it will likely be the New Horizon if we don't go class A diesel pusher.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote