Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #170
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Day number 57 at the dealership not counting the Sunday that I dropped it off. Saw the new engine sitting on a huge covered crate when I picked up another loaner truck a few days back. My new one should be on the assembly line this week as far as I could tell by the info sent by one of the GM's. Delivery in the middle of September. Only major difference that I know of is I went with the 3.55 gears instead of the 4.10's. Supposed to be a couple of small new model year changes also like stereo etc.
I now have some more personal knowledge that I have gained by driving the two loaner trucks. My truck is 18 DRW verses 2016 1ton SRW and a 2017 3/4 ton SRW all 4X4 long boxes. They both had the 3.55 rearend gears mine had the 4.10s. Out of the two loaners the 17 seemed to have more low end grunt but the 16 handled the Fifthwheel better in windy conditions. Seeing that I have now drove all three TV's in under two months I will say they all did great especially in perfect conditions. Once the wind was blowing the 17 got very wigglely slowed down to around 60 mph probably due to the 9900 lb GVW. The 16 seemed to be a step above in adverse conditions but neither was close to the DRW for comfort of driving during more adverse road conditions. They all pulled good in my opinion but I am glad my 18 and 19 has wide hips.

Tom Marty