View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:46 AM   #37
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We are on the way home from our first big trip (7 months) and the mail has been an issue. Six months before we left I canceled all magazines, contacted a service (can't remember the name off hand) that prevents all junk mail. That worked. We pay all bills on line. We physically went to our local post office to see how the mail forwarding system works and were told that we could forward our mail for 364 days out of a year without being a change of address. So we forwarded our mail to my cousin. Well, that worked fine until someone at the main post office in Richmond decided that this must be a mistake and the mail returned to our stick house. After many phone calls to both our local post office and to the forwarding post office both said the problem was at the main post office. We lost medications and some financial statements were returned even though we had not had any prior problems. We are pretty sure that we will not use them next year but need more research. We are considering using a post office box and having my cousin pick up and send.

Dorothy Weber
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote