View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
Washer drain to black tank

We just traded a 2002 3575RL that we full timed in 3 years, for a new 2005 3670RL.

On our first stop out of the dealers lot we were surprised to find out the hard way that our washer is drained into the black tank!!

Hard way: black tank backing up into the washer drain and also over filling the toilet!!!

We did the laundry as we have been and everyone we know does by leaving the grey tank open and black tank closed!

We called the dealer (Beaudry, Tuscon) and they knew nothing about this very unusual connection! Beaudry phoned Keystone and then informed us that this is the way this unit was to be plumbed, they suggested we call Keystone since this was so difficult to justify as a change that made any sense!

I asked why we or the dealer were not informed of this odd change? I was told that all these units are not plumbed this way! Now what would you think?

Keystone informed us that this plumbing meets code and we could get it changed at our expense!!

Had we known of this plumbing change before our purchase, now one month later, I am sure we would still be living in our 3575RL

We feel Keystone should be responsible for the cost of getting this plumbing corrected.

Thank You!

Fellow owner, Have any of you run across this type of plumbing, Montana or other manufacturer!

Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote