View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
OrangeCrate
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9410
UPDATE....
I found that none of the speakers were connected to the correct output from the Home Theater system. After I used the output "Grey' noise that is available in 'LG' test mode to connect all speakers 'except' the bedroom speakers to the correct channel the thing sounds "OK"... IMO the $270 list price of a LG HT845 Home Theater system is not a good buy. The only solution to the sound coming out of the bedroom speakers is to add a switch in the cabinet. The can probably be paralleled to the output going to the front R & L speakers for the best sound if you feel you need it (we don't usually listen to the home theater in the bedroom anyway, so ours will just be left disconnected.

As far as the TV sound NOT going to the Home theater system. I am currently talking to Keystone Customer Service to get this resolved. My TV only has a Digital Coax Audio Output (NO Analog ie: R & W RCA Jacks). Keystones initial response to the problem was they are not worried about TV sound coming out of the Home Theater system, only the DVD, CD or Radio. My position is:
1) This is a "Big Sky" (the luxury liner of the fleet... it should have all of the 'bells and whistles' for the X-Tra $20K or so that is added to the MSRP to make it a "BIG SKY"
2) The unit came from the factory with a special set of cables connected to the 'Aux. In" jacks of the LG... since the TV had no 'Audio Out' that was compatible with the LG the Production worker just plugged them into a set of input jacks on the back of the TV.... (they are probably used to hooking up a system that had the correct TV in it).
3) The Home Theater/TV 'marriage' in my '04' Big Sky worked fine!... makes sense to me that a 5 year newer model would at least have features that are as good as the earlier models.
I'm not sure how this will all work out... but will report back when it is resolved 'one way or the other'.

Our only other problem has been a Hi Temp Limit switch tripping on the Fireplace... this is a Dimplex recall item and a replacement has been ordered.
OrangeCrate is offline   Reply With Quote