View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #126
davemitchell59
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23524
As an update ... I pulled our bathroom door out two weeks ago. Not sure about the rest of you, but ours appears to have had the top plate that mounts to the door installed upside down (securing nut inside the door). The bottom had the nut outside the door giving the hardware more clearance from the door. After a measurement of the distance between the swing arms to verify it would fit, I turned the top hardware around to match the bottom and actually flipped the door, top to bottom & outside to inside, to put the damaged piece inside the bathroom. FYI ... the door knob is centered top to bottom, so a flipperoo is easy. This was an aesthetic preference on my part to keep the undamaged, "nice", side of the door on the outside of the bathroom. That maneuver requires rotating the door latch hardware, but not a big deal.

It has been reinstalled. After one adjustment to the hardware placement on the top pivot point of the door to improve clearances, it's working better than when we took delivery. We'll see if rattling down the road on our next trip changes that any, but I'm hoping that all the screws and glue does something to keep it working good for a long time.
2017 Montana 3731FL
davemitchell59 is offline   Reply With Quote