View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
adding fans to NDR1062 fridge

We have a 2007 3400RL with the Dometic NDR 1062 fridge. We have made many upgrades to the rig over the last two years since I retired at the end of 2016. We now have the trailer working great everywhere except the fridge. We have had Subzero's in our stick houses for over 25 years and are spoiled (no pun intended) with how the Subzero's hold food longer and keep it from spoiling for quite a long time. We are currently staying at Gulf Waters RV Resort on Mustang Island (Port Aransas, Texas) for 33 days and the fridge has a hard time "keeping up". We have always had at least 4 or more of the little "cube" fans in the fridge (powered by 2 D-cell batteries each) which helps, but I have talked to a couple of folks in the park with SOB's that have added fans to the outside of the trailer in the fridge compartment that have told me that doing that (adding 1-3 more fans-similar to a PC fan) has made a big difference. Freezer works OK, keeps things hard frozen, but milk, etc. goes bad sooner than we think it should. I hate to replace the whole refrigerator unit since it still works but would appreciate any advice from anyone who has had this done. TIA.
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote