Thread: Almost got me
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Almost got me

I've read all the stories about the "china-bombs", and listened to (if not heeded) the wisdom of the people of this forum. I posted at one time that new tires were not in the budget for this year, and was advised to at least get a monitoring system, which I did. Coming home from our last trip of the season today, I kept a close eye on my speed, which stayed around 60 the whole way, and watched the tires through the monitor. Pressures were good, temps too and we made it home without any problems, about 220 miles. I should add that this camper is in no way overloaded, although I haven't weighed it.
After unhitching, I went to put the covers on the tires when I spotted a baseball-sized bubble on the inside sidewall of the front street-side tire. Geez, another 10 miles and who knows?
These tires have less than 2000 miles on them. The dealership put them on in April when we picked up the camper. I will be contacting Goodyear tomorrow, and, hopefully get some value for these towards a set of (probably) G614's. One thing for sure, this camper isn't going anywhere on these tires again.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote