View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #32
R Berry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19916
I bought a Dish Tailgater pro and (2) wally's receivers. First thing I tried was to hook up one of the Wally's like you are suppose to be able to do using my Montana's wiring system. the receiver would never pull in the signals for the dish. so I ran a coax through a window in my front-room and hook up my wally direct, and of course that work great.

after about a month I tried to use the Monty's cable system again (because it is suppose to be able to work with a sat. dish) this time I was able to get my signal from my Tailgater pro! GREAT IT WORKS!!!! until I changed my channel and then I lost my signal completely so back through the window I go. So after about another month I decided to activate my second receiver. I was staying in southern Georgia at a family's farm. Where I have a Man-cave building. So after I get it activated I realize that the second receiver is not an independent receiver. It can only see the satellite that the MAIN receiver is on. So if the main receiver is on SAT 119 the only thing you can watch are programs on SAT 119. And I had problems getting that to work. I eventually deactivated the second receiver and now it's sets on a shelf.
So what I did for my first receiver was that I bypassed the Monty's cabling nightmare.
I traced the coax to the front room TV and screwed that cable on the RF barrel that is labeled front room and hooked my Tailgater Pro up to it. so I just use my one TV in the front room. I wish I would have investigated the "dish" products better. I don't think I would have bought the Tailgater.

But I would still have problems with the Monty's wiring nightmare what a mess!
I'm a retired BICSI Level 2 Cable Installer and I never seen this kind of sloppy work in my 30 plus year of cable installation. Some day I would like to drop the bottom of the Monty and redo the RF system.

Also I took apart the Rf face plate that is in the bed room and they used RF right angle barrels that fell apart in my hand, so I bought new right angle barrels to replace them.
Another thing is I don't think the DISH likes the RF switches that the RV uses. because the switches also carries power through them when I use the built in Amplifier.
Well that's my Nickel's worth.
R Berry is offline   Reply With Quote