View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #14
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

We use truck stops because while I am fooling with fuel, checking tires etc wife can walk the dogs and get some refreshments of she likes.

Because I don’t use credit cards I am able to check the charge over the internet within in minutes of the purchase.

When you swipe the card at the pump there is a hold placed on your account in an amount determined by the proprietor. If you try to exceed this amount the pump stops and you have to swipe your card again. If you don’t us it all the hold remains for 24 to 48 hours.

At legitimate truck stops and gas stations they swipe the card for the amount you ask for and give you a receipt. When you are finished you return with your receipt and they adjust the charge to the correct amount and provide you with a second receipt that has the gallons on it as well.

If you have the capacity to check the charges real time you will find that at the legitimate truck stops and gas stations your account will be charged with the amount of the actual purchase.

Flying J / Pilot and a lot of gas stations have stopped doing this. They swipe the card for $300.00 and you use only $200.00 they give you the second receipt with the proper amount and gallons but don’t adjust the charge for 24 to 48 hours.

Sorry I just don’t finance their bottom line so I don’t go back to the ones that do this.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote