View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #90
Richcart
Established Member

M.O.C. #22427
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I guess I’m in the minority again, still. I don’t see where people pulling a camper or driving a large MH are having any problems. So I don’t see how some more laws would solve problems that don’t exist. Maybe our governments should just leave us alone. I remember a Va senator who always said ‘ every time we pass a law we infringe on someone’s rights’. I agree!
Lynwood
Agree, laws shouldn't be passed on the what ifs. What are the % of accidents involving RVs? I too have seen under sized tv pulling a large 5th wheel. Maybe a system could be developed that helped people understand the situation before they invest their money in both. When looking for our tv I researched a lot to learn all the pros and cons and what is legal. When looking at rv, there were several sales people who said a 3/4 ton would be fine knowing their rig weighed in excess of 16000 pounds when fully loaded. It was also confusing when we were looking at a Dodge 1 ton. All DRWs are not the same, especially with Dodge. Engine, transmission and rear end can mean 17,000 vs 32,000 towing capacity all with DRW. Another reason to provide good education system so people understand what they are buying and if it will work. Once bought, a person isn't likely to lose money by selling and buying again just to be within tow capacity. While in Cheyenne a few weeks ago I saw a Nisan Titan diesel pulling a 40' Monty. That's a 1/2 ton truck no matter how you slice it....
Richcart is offline   Reply With Quote