View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #84
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
In NY State I had the predecessor to the current type of CDL since I worked p/t at a garage that required me to operate their tow truck. I kept that license for years until the current CDL came about and really no longer needed that license. I went and served in Uncle Sam's army for a few years, got my military driver's license then became a driving instructor and tester. My license filled up with what I could drive and teach - dinky 2000 pound M38 Jeep to 50+ ton M60 Patton tank and literally every thing in between. A 40+ foot lowboy trailer with a Cat D-9 was easier to back up then our current 38 foot 5er. I has to do with wheel placement and speed of change in turning.

As far as my truck - yep, I'm overwieght towing by sticker by 2-300 pounds depending on how I load. By actual part number on the OEM suspension, well within the truck's capability. Unfortunately that yellow 'B' pillar still says 10,000 pounds as it's an F250. If we end up with more laws and stricter enforcement, we will need to trade up or down (truck or trailer) or stop RVing.

Class A's - the mammoth sizes of some of these is staggering now with 45 feet not unusual. Looking at some of the folks climbing out of the driver's seat gives me some concern with visible physical impairments.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote